At P&H, we do more than just manufacture products - we create solutions.
,foodserviceP&H Casters is an innovative market leader in the manufacture and distribution of wheels and casters to a wide variety of industries. A pioneer in the development of the polyurethane shopping cart wheel, the company has become the premier supplier of wheels and casters for shopping carts in the USA and the first choice for many name brand retailers around the world.
Not satisfied to be only “the shopping cart” specialists, P&H brings the same spirit of innovation, dedication to quality, and determination to be the best at finding solutions for customers with material handling challenges in many other industries. P&H manufactures and distributes products to OEMs of equipment for a broad range of equipment.
Our products include wheels and casters for the hospitality and foodservice markets, warehouse and distribution operations, janitorial, laboratory, and healthcare sectors, and many other institutional and commercial applications.
Once we got rolling, we’ve never stopped.
The Wheel Story of P&H takes you way back to 1969 when P&H was founded. Since then, the story of P&H has been one of continuous growth–we’ve moved forward and branched out to become a global company with strong U.S. roots.
P&H (after founders, George Paikos and Jim Hicks) was born in Los Angeles, California as a specialty fastener and metal hardware distributor.
Jim Hicks expands the company product line to include casters and wheels, selling primarily to supermarkets. P&H begins manufacturing its own products, having grown into a major supplier of shopping cart wheels and casters to the retail industry. The company branded its products with the name of its very first injection molding plant—“PolyU”. Today, P&H Casters products still bear the PolyU shield logo.
- The “wheel revolution” at P&H Casters came when Jim Hicks introduced the first ever liquid die cast Polyurethane shipping cart wheel to the market. These innovative wheels replaced the retail industry’s standard black rubber shopping cart wheels. The new wheels were an overwhelming success and black marks from supermarket floors disappeared!
- P&H continues to develop innovative products for its retail customers, including the first “friction” shopping cart wheel that automatically slows shopping carts from careening all over the parking lot. Stores can celebrate reduced liability and shoppers with new cars are grateful!
- P&H relocates its manufacturing operations to Texas and expands its product line to include wheels and casters for a broad range of material handling equipment and applications.
- The company ventures into international markets in Europe, South America, Australia and Asia introducing even more new products. The company develops a line of high temperature wheels and designs a specialized travellator shopping cart wheel to meet the needs of its international customers in regions such as Australia, Latin America and Asia.
- David Hicks, P&H President, becomes CEO. P&H names Jesse Peltier as President and COO.
- P&H unveils the “SuperWheel” shopping cart wheel. Made from a proprietary rubber, compound, the wheel is outstandingly abrasion resistant, smooth riding and durable. Retailers everywhere rejoice at the improvements these wheels make in their customer’s shopping experience.
- P&H expands its regional sales presence with dedicated sales managers in the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West Coast and Southern United States, as well as in Latin America.
- P&H opens a U.S. east coast distribution center to provide faster delivery and lower transportation costs to its customers in the U.S. eastern and southeastern regions.
- Jesse Peltier becomes a partner in P&H Casters.
- P&H continues to expand its product line with new products geared to institutional and light industrial applications.
- P&H acquires a new product line from long time Texas manufacturer Roll-Master, and begins manufacturing the products at its new Arlington, Texas based manufacturing facility.
- P&H celebrates its 50th anniversary in business.
Ahead lie paths into ever expanding directions.
The future of P&H Casters includes continuing to be the premiere provider of shopping carts wheels to the retail industry. This is our heritage. Our vision? To continue our 15-year pattern of growth and become the premiere manufacturer and supplier of light, medium and heavy duty caster products for a wide range of applications to a wide range of industries.